Skip navigation
mcsuetx
Currently Being Moderated

Using Adobe Media Downloader

Apr 14, 2013 5:20 AM

I'm archiving my photos using Adobe Media Download.  The first time I tried it was at 98% and everything stopped. I don't think it completed. So i began again and let it run overnight.  In the morning there was a messae that said due to heavy load the program paused.  Now there is a small box that says download in progress.  There is no status as to the progress of the download.  I don't have any idea how much longer to expect it to take.  I need to download some other material and use some other programs.  How can i pause the download so i can have it resume at a more convenient time?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 15, 2013 4:50 PM   in reply to mcsuetx

Susan,

I thought that I would follow up to see if your files did completely download or not.  Did you have just jpg files or other media files?

Let me know if you are still having problems

Thanks

Scott

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2013 4:26 PM   in reply to Scott V

I have just about given up trying to get all my photos into Revel. But I was going to work on some pics in PSE 11 and my Editor no longer comes up! Only the Organizer. What happend? Mary S

925-777-1166

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2013 3:14 AM   in reply to mcsuetx

Hello,

Apologies for the inconvininece

To get rid of the small window - Clear your cache by deleting this folder

WIN : C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\com.adobe.px.Downloader.<some-num ber>
    MAC : /users/<username>/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.px.Downloader.<some-number>

Now relaunch the downloader sign in and start your download afresh. Please remember in case you get the 'heavy load' message again it would reusme on its own - just in case if it doesnt do not dismiss the download message and close the app using the (x) button only on top right and launch the app again whenever you have time again and it will just start from where it left.

Hope this helps.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2013 10:15 AM   in reply to mcsuetx

Did you try the steps above that Amreek suggested?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2013 11:11 AM   in reply to mcsuetx

We are aware that there is a situation that is causing some users' archiving attempts to pause part way through the process. Our team is  investigating how we can avoid this situation on our side. We will contact you to try again as soon as we make some changes so that your archiving will complete without delays.

Thanks

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2013 11:08 AM   in reply to mcsuetx

We have made some changes on our side that should help this situation. sorry for the delay. Please try archiving again with the Media Downloader.

Thanks,

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2013 8:26 AM   in reply to mcsuetx

Susan-

I am not sure I understand the question.  IF you want to get photos from your camera to Revel directly, you can copy them to your computer and upload directly from your hard drive (see link).  If you have Elements 11, then you can certainlly upload from there instead if you choose.

Pleae let us know if you are successful with archiving using the media downloader.

Pattie

UPLOAD
    FAQ: How do I add (upload) files to Revel?
    http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1162795?tstart=0

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points