Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 15, 2013 3:13 AM   in reply to Community Help

I wish you would give some more examples. This is a very basic overview

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2013 5:29 AM   in reply to makdadddy

You'll never get examples in a Help file. You need a book, or a video, or a class. Here's one of the best books around on the subject:

http://www.amazon.com/Designers-Guide-Adobe-InDesign-XML/dp/0321503554

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2013 5:47 AM   in reply to Steve Werner

Hi Steve

Thanks for the quick responce. I was hoping to get some real world help on this. I notice that there are alot of posts on this simular topic all point towards an external purchase on Amazon.

Surely this cant be that hard? Or is it?

I have worked out that if I manully create the table I want and the headings I can export this to xlm and try to match up how the SQL command should output.

I dont understand why I cannot use the current <Root> <Story> <Table> hirearchy (from my current Import XML) and get Adobe Indesign to do what I expect it to and return new data rows below each other. Sorry hard to type but I have 6500 items that I want on a new row. Fairly simple I would have thought.

Ben

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2013 7:17 AM   in reply to makdadddy

Honestly, only a tiny fraction of the InDesign user base (and this forum base) use XML.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2013 10:07 AM   in reply to makdadddy

If you can provide more detail about your xml file and your template someone might be more able to help. Other than Root/Story/Table, are you using namespaces in your tags? Are you using any particular attributes?

In your Indesign file, are you starting with a placeholder table or bringing in all data for the table with the XML? I can probably point you to examples of some tables, but need to know more about what you are looking to build, or have built.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points