Skip navigation
diamondback073
Currently Being Moderated

Help Please

Apr 15, 2013 9:49 PM

I am trying to use the android emulator thru flash.  When I set up my file to the emulator it says I need to install air on the emulator.  I saw on youtube that you need to adjust the bat file in adobe.  The only problem is that I am not showing an android file in flash to have the bat link to any help would be appriciated

Replies
  • kglad
    72,189 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Apr 16, 2013 6:31 AM   in reply to diamondback073

you need to install air on your emulator(s).

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,189 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Apr 16, 2013 10:05 AM   in reply to diamondback073

which command line interpreter?

Android Debug Bridge or Adobe Air Developer Tool?

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,189 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Apr 16, 2013 12:38 PM   in reply to diamondback073

this is an excerpt from a book i wrote:

The command required to execute adt and have it add the Air runtime to my emulator-5556 is:

F:Downloads\AdobeAir\AdobeAIRSDK\bin\adt -installRuntime -platform android -device emulator-5556 -package F:Downloads\AdobeAir\AdobeAIRSDK\runtimes\air\android\emulator\Runtim e.apk

That is clearly a ridiculous amount of typing with far too many opportunities for typos.  If you navigate to your AdobeAIRSDK directory in the command-line interpreter, you can use shorter local paths:

\bin\adt -installRuntime -platform android -device emulator-5556 -package \runtimes\air\android\emulator\Runtime.apk

Your local paths will look exactly the same though the location of your AdobeAIRSDK directory will be different from mine.  But it is still too much tedious typing especially because you have to navigate to the AdobeAIRSDK directory before you can use that shorter command.

So, the benefit of adding the path to adt.bat is significant if you are going to use adt to install the runtime and games onto Android emulator(s).

To add the path to adt to your system path in Windows, click start > right click My Computer > click properties > click Advanced system settings > click Environment Variables > in the System variables field, click path > click Edit... > arrow to the last entry of the Variable value line > append a semi-colon > type the full path to your AdobeAir\AdobeAIRSDK\bin directory > click OK.

You can now type adt from anywhere in your command-line editor and adt in the AdobeAIRSDK\bin directory will execute.  So, to install the Adobe Air runtime on one of your emulators, start an emulator (using AVD Manager).  After it has completed its load sequence, you can find your device name(s) by executing

adt devices

at the command-line prompt from the C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\ directory or from anywhere if you add C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\ to your system path.

You can now navigate to the directory where you extracted the Adobe Air SDK (AdobeAIRSDK\runtimes\air\android\emulator\Runtime.apk) and type

adt -installRuntime -platform android -device emulator-xyzw -package Runtime.apk

where emulator-xyzw is your device name found using the devices command (and can also be found in your taskbar if you are using Windows).

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,189 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Apr 17, 2013 10:35 AM   in reply to diamondback073

you're welcome.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...