Skip navigation
tosew4u
Currently Being Moderated

Lightroom 5

Apr 16, 2013 12:31 PM

Am watching Creative Live, they said the beta for 5 is out ..when is going to be for sale?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 16, 2013 12:45 PM   in reply to tosew4u

This has not yet been announced.  However, if you have more questions about Lr 5 please visit this forum:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/labs/lightroom5/

and you can also learn more about the beta here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2013/04/lightroom-5-beta-now-a vailable.html

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2013 1:47 PM   in reply to tosew4u

I am on it now and I don't see any problems. Works great. I am on a mac with Mountain Lion 10.8.3.

Tunney Moriarty

Ph: Res 519-746-0236

Cell 519 584-5253

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2013 1:50 PM   in reply to MadManChan2000

Why no windows vista support? Windows 8 just came out.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2013 2:01 PM   in reply to tosew4u

Downloaded 5 Beta this morning.  Does not look v ery different, but two very cool things from the get go..

1) Spot healing brush instead of just the spot healing "tool"

2) Radial Filters are very cool, especially for spot focusing, now I don't have to edit in PS just for this!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2013 2:24 PM   in reply to tosew4u

Maybe June !

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2013 3:14 PM   in reply to dregsindrag

dregsindrag wrote:

Why no windows vista support?

At the risk of stating the obvious: no doubt Vista is "missing" something that Adobe is taking advantage of in Lr5/Windows, and so they dropped Vista support to keep development/maintenance cost down... - I doubt they will provide details... PS - upgrading from Vista to Win 7 is relatively painless - now is the time... .

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2013 9:02 AM   in reply to Rob Cole

Running 32bit Vista. I'd want to go Win7 64bit so an upgrade is out. If I have to reinstall everything I'd rather wait until I get a new PC. Unfortunately that will be no time soon. Plus Vista works just fine for me. The Explorer component is a bit quirky but I have no problems running programs on my machine.

Rob Cole wrote:

dregsindrag wrote:

Why no windows vista support?

At the risk of stating the obvious: no doubt Vista is "missing" something that Adobe is taking advantage of in Lr5/Windows, and so they dropped Vista support to keep development/maintenance cost down... - I doubt they will provide details... PS - upgrading from Vista to Win 7 is relatively painless - now is the time... .

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2013 2:30 PM   in reply to dregsindrag

dregsindrag wrote:

an upgrade is out. If I have to reinstall everything I'd rather wait until I get a new PC. Unfortunately that will be no time soon. Plus Vista works just fine for me.

I understand 100% why you would prefer if Lr5 still supported Vista. Hopefully you understand now why it doesn't (it takes time/money - more than has been deemed worthwhile).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points