Skip navigation
andjelkovich2012
Currently Being Moderated

Starling and Flash CS5.5

Apr 16, 2013 12:55 PM

This question weighs more on the side of flash as I'm trying to get this to work with Flash CS 5.5. and installed the updated extenstion so flash can publish in the version 11 player. I have all libraries and files referenced correctly, however when I play in the browser, Internet explorer 8 with flash player 11.6, nothing shows up. I have done some research which all points to the fact that it should work. I also get a compiler error:

RenderSupport.as, Line 421 1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: Program3D.

upon further research I was told to disreguard this error and play in the web browser as you were not able to play within flash due to the internal player being an outdated version. If there is anyone here who has experience in dealing with starling and flash, and possible reasons why it may not be appearing correctly?

NOTE: I have built the same project in FlashBuilder 4.7 and works fine. Just having issue converting over to Flash. I have checked and saw that it is possible to do this with Flash, its just something im missing.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 16, 2013 1:09 PM   in reply to andjelkovich2012

You will have a better chance to find a solution on the starling forums

From what you tell it could be either of two probems:

1. Your project uses flex-only classes (that are not available in flash)

2.You have missed sth. when upgrading flash cs 5.5 for fp11-Publishing (installing the extension is not enough)

for a detailed description of this topic see here

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points