Skip navigation
Hoppy100
Currently Being Moderated

Problems  with Rendering with APE 10

Apr 16, 2013 2:54 PM

When it comes to rendering my project, about 30 minues duration, I run into problems.  If I add some effects to my timeline it takes along time to render.  After it is rendered and the line above the tomeline changes from red to green then I save my project.  Next time I open it a large amout needsn re-renderin, I  must not understand the process or am doing something incorrectly.

What do I do with the preiously rendered files, delete or what?

Thanks for all help!  Hoppy 100

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 16, 2013 3:13 PM   in reply to Hoppy100

Can you tell us the full specs. of your computer. Pay special attention to the I/O, i.e. your HDD's, and also to the destination location for your Scratch Disks.

Loosing the links to Render Files can happen with external, or networked drives, or because of permissions issues on a Mac, plus other possible causes.

Good luck, and under normal conditions, one should NOT loose the links to the Render Files.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2013 5:19 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Also, please list your operating system, processor speed and RAM.

And let us know what model of camcorder your video is coming from and what format and resolution it is.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 4:29 PM   in reply to Hoppy100
    1. If one is through with a Project, they can safely Delete the Render Files. If one is not finished, they can Delete them too, but might need to re-Render portions of the Timeline, if there are Effects, and especially Keyframed Effects, for smoothest viewing.
    2. Are you doing an Export/Share to creat that video? If so, then you will want to create a New Project that matches the output file, that is now a Source File. If the Project matches the output Source File, there should be no red lines above any part of it, until you add some overlay material, like a Title, or a PiP (Picture in Picture), add a Transition, or an Effect. Then, you will get a red line above that area of the Timeline.
    3. Not sure what the question is in #3 Hoppy.

One comment regarding your OS and computer: obviously, you have Windows in the 64-bit version. That 4GB of RAM is just barely enough to run Windows 64 (especially Win7 or Win8), with little left over for other programs. I would bump that up to 8GB, or more.

Good luck, and you might want to see this article on Rendering: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4068277#4068277

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points