Skip navigation
Premiere :P
Currently Being Moderated

video panel showing green clips and glitchy playback

Apr 16, 2013 4:06 PM

Tags: #adobe #video #green #pro #premiere #issues #showing #clips #panel #glitchy_playback #green_thumbnails #glitchy_clips #cs6.0.3

My issue is that the video, whenever i add an effect or text, like if i do anything to edit the video, in my panel the video has a green thumbnail. after it shows this green thumbnail when i play it back it plays a little of the true clip(s) and then grabs like 3 other random clips usually about 3 or more frames of it, from somewhere else in the video and plays them in place of my video. My work ive done is just deleted! im not understanding whats wrong. Oh and im in adobe premiere pro cs6.0.3. Im actually like semi-new to this but i know this is no editing issue this is a program issue.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 16, 2013 4:18 PM   in reply to Premiere :P

What make and model video card do you have?

What OS are you using?

What is the number and date of the installed video driver?

My bet is on an obsolete, or corrupt video driver.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2013 4:19 PM   in reply to Premiere :P

i know this is no editing issue this is a program issue.

I differ from that opinion. IMO it is OE, operator error, but you have to tell use more to prove you correct.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2013 4:34 PM   in reply to Premiere :P

what else should i tell you?

I would start with the information requested in Reply #2.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2013 4:43 PM   in reply to Premiere :P

Well, having only the Intel chip is not a good start.

Have you gone to the Intel Web site (or to Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc., if you have such a computer), and checked for an updated video driver for your OS?

Intel makes great chips, BUT their video driver support has been horrid. Hope that there IS a new driver, and that by downloading and installing it, your issues will disappear.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2013 5:16 PM   in reply to Premiere :P

If one has a desktop, with a spare slot, the current crop of nVidia CUDA-capable cards gets high marks, and will allow you to use MPE/CUDA. AMD/ATI does some nice cards, but one gives up some extras, available with the nVidia cards.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2013 7:35 PM   in reply to Premiere :P

OK, there are many nVidia video cards, that are certified to provide full support for the Mercury Playback Engine (MPE), and they have CUDA capabilities. There are other nVidia cards, that will work perfectly, after one applies the "hack" to the supported cards txt file. For more background on CUDA and MPE, see this article: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4152667#4152667

Hope that helps, and good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2013 4:51 PM   in reply to Premiere :P

There is a file in PrPro CS 5 - 6, that allows for CUDA/MPE with non-certified files. See this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/629557

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points