• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud : Flash did not install but Application Manager says the program is "Up to Date"

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2013 Apr 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to instal Flash via the Application Manager the other day, my laptop went to sleep during install and when I woke it back up again the installation had frozen. I closed the manager and rebooted my laptop. The application manager now says that Flash installed and is "Up to Date"

FlashError.png

But the application is not on my laptop... I looked in the adobe folder and there is nothing for flash. Searching comes up with no results.

FlashError2.png

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app manager but the same thing appears, I have no way to reinstall Flash. If you have any ideas please let me know!

Thank you!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 16, 2013 Apr 16, 2013

TimelessEdge can you please check your Programs and Features Control panel to see if Flash is listed there.  If so please run the uninstaller which should then allow Flash to be removed through the Adobe Application Manager.

If it is not available or you continue to face difficulties please try reinstalling the Adobe Application Manager from http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4773.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TimelessEdge can you please check your Programs and Features Control panel to see if Flash is listed there.  If so please run the uninstaller which should then allow Flash to be removed through the Adobe Application Manager.

If it is not available or you continue to face difficulties please try reinstalling the Adobe Application Manager from http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4773.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling now...

That worked! Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2013 Apr 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on my Mac. I accidentally "appzapp"ed and now want to reinstall. But it still says "Up to date" ... How do I uninstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2013 Apr 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run the uninstaller in Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 25, 2013 Apr 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I am having a similar issue. Application manager says these programs are installed: Ps, Ae, Dw, Sg, Pl, Creative Cloud, but only Air and Premiere show in the Programs and Features panel as having been installed. The directories are all there, too, under Programs, but the programs won't run (nothing on start menu or in the programs list from that).

In addition, you say to uninstall the Application Manager, but it's not listed on the installed programs either. If I click on the downloaded file for it's intallation, it simply runs the program, as if it's already installed. Shouldn't it be under Progams and Features as an uninstallable program?

So, first, how do I uninstall the Application Manager? I like the idea of using this simple interface, so would like to continue to use it again after re-install.

Second, I would try manually installing the programs that are missing, but I don't know if that's safe considering the targeted directories are already full of files and data, as if they were installed, but didn't register properly with Windows to be able to be run.

I am not blaming Adobe on this, by the way, but I suspect that, because it was taking so long to install all the listed programs, I left the computer on and went to sleep, and possibly some power-saving feature interrupted the installation progress. It's a brand-new, very fast laptop, a Lenovo Y500 with Windows 8, and I just don't know how to control everything on it yet.

What to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2013 Apr 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Filmmaker2013 my suggestion for reinstallation of the Adobe Application Manager is to perform and in place reinstallation writing over the exisiting files.  This sometimes resolves the difficulties you have been experieicing with the applications being listed as installed and Up to Date.

If reinstalling, over the existing installation, of AAM fails then the proper way to remove AAM is to remove all Adobe Creative software which utilizes this application.  You will want to run any uninstallers which are available within your Programs & Features control panel.  Once that is done I would follow up with using the CS Cleaner tool.  This may not be necessary but if you are going to go to all the effort of removing the applications then it doesn't hurt to spend 30 more seconds running the cleaner tool.  You can find directions and a download link for the CS Cleaner Tool at CS Cleaner Tool for installation problems | CCM, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines