Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Encore constantly crashes using dynamic link....

Apr 16, 2013 9:18 PM

Not sure what's going on here, but I just wanted to see if anyone knew what was going on. For some reason when I use dynamic link from Adobe Premiere to Encore it constantly crashes immediately.

The project is just over an hour long with loads of edits. 

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 17, 2013 8:01 AM   in reply to DStrangeBoston

More information needed for someone to help... please click below and provide the requested information

-Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2013 10:34 AM   in reply to John T Smith

Hallo.

i have the same problem: i try to use dynamic link sending from premiere to encore and encore crahes...

i have the production premium cs6 and a new pc (i7-3770k with 32gb ram) on win764bit...

Please help

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2013 10:48 AM   in reply to DStrangeBoston

DStrange,

Thanks for reporting that. It can solve some "DL crashes Encore" problems.

Rookie, a first step (which you may have done) is to see if Encore can be opened on its own, do basic functions (e.g. add a menu from the library etc). If yes, then look at whether it is only the one Premiere sequence, etc.

And, yes, try DStrange's solution. You don't have to add chapters to see if works. Chapters are one of the thinks that can cause issues, so a no-chapter version is a good troubleshooting step.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2013 12:08 PM   in reply to Stan Jones

ok, thank you for the fast reply...

i can not start encore, it works only if i start encore with admin rights! and yes i have a ssd and the win temp-files are not on c...

it seems to be a big cs6-bug:-((

any solutions???

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2013 1:03 PM   in reply to Rookie1061

For a variety of reasons, you should always run Encore "as administrator." So that part of your situation may or may not be an issue. So  once you open encore on its own, what else can you do? Add a menu, etc.

Then, start dynamic link from the Encore side: File -> Adobe Dynamic Link etc.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2013 2:34 PM   in reply to Stan Jones

...it seems to work when i run it as admin...but dynamic link does now nothing...from both sides...when i click on it in premiere > no reaction:-((

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2013 2:39 PM   in reply to Rookie1061

No crash; no nothing, right?

I would try this: restart your system. Create a new project in Premeire, add a color mask, and use it to create a very short sequence. Save. Do not dynamic link from Premeire. Open Encore, create a new project, try to DL from Encore.

Results?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2013 3:13 PM   in reply to Stan Jones

...this works! Great!!

But what is with my current project?? i have tight deadlines and cs6 works not 100%...

via premiere dynamic link is dead now...!!! i had no problems with cs5.5 and finally decided to make the upgrade to cs6 and now this!??

it can not be that the software runs not correctly...

i am very disappointed:-(

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2013 3:50 PM   in reply to Rookie1061

There are still a lot of variables...

I would now try copying the clips from your old Premiere sequence to a new Premiere sequence and see if that works.

The most reliable workaround is to export from Premiere as MPEG2-DVD, but you have to plan your bitrate in terms of space on disk.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points