Skip navigation
juan calvo
Currently Being Moderated

How can I get the HTML codes in illustrator?

Apr 17, 2013 1:46 PM

Tags: #adobe

Hi, I am a graphic designer, and I am getting into the web world, I wanna know how can I get the HTML codes to upload a web design made using Illustrator,...¡?Does any one know?Please let me know...

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 17, 2013 2:42 PM   in reply to juan calvo

Not sure if i understand your question but I'll take a stab at it.

slice your artwork with the slice tool and click on Save for Web & Devices, from there, adjust your settings to the way you want them, and when you click Save, change the Save as type to HTML and Images.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2013 3:11 PM   in reply to snunicycler

Illutrator is not an HTMl editor.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2013 4:19 PM   in reply to juan calvo

AI is where you create assets for use in a website. AS mentioned, you can export elements and view them in a browser or link to them using an HTML editor.

If you simply want to see your artwork in a browser, you can save as SVG and open it in your browser. Not all affects are supported, but it's a vector image that previews well in most browsers.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2013 4:30 PM   in reply to juan calvo

AI is not created to do that. You need to use Dreamweaver, Muse, or some other WEB design app.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 1:01 AM   in reply to juan calvo

I need to host the design on the web.

Then learn it properly and do it using the right tools as the others already said. You may not like it, but web design requires at least a basic understanding of HTML and CSS and the code despite visual design tools like Muse.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 6:42 AM   in reply to Mylenium

Hmm… I did not read anywhere about "not liking it". It sounds like juan is just unfamiliar with the tools of the trade.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 7:16 AM   in reply to rcraighead

everyone here is right, dreamweaver is better and you will need to understand html for this to work. HOWEVER, you can make a functional website using just illustrator and notepad (or text edit if you're on a mac).

Design your site in illy, slice it up with the slice tool. http://s23.postimg.org/mv311kpp7/test_illy.jpg 

Save for web and select html and images, you'll get an html file and an images folder. Open the HTML file in your text editing program and it will look like this: http://s10.postimg.org/f32nf6r2h/html_stuff.jpg   you'll have to know HTML codes but you can find tutorials online for most stuff, you'll just have to figure it out. In my fake site, i linked a button to google so i had to add <a href> tags to the code. http://s22.postimg.org/5avpadhch/a_href.jpg  save the html file and open it in your web browser, hopefully not IE. You can't tell in the picture but the middle button actually does link to google. http://s21.postimg.org/qd77slqmf/firefox.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 7:30 AM   in reply to juan calvo

Purchase a subscription to Muse, you will not need to know code and you can work with it very much like a layout program; you can still do your art in Illustrator but designing the pages and site will be very much like doing a print job when using Muse. Making links will be easy as well, developing slide shows will be a cinch try the trial version and look at the online tutorials on Adobe TV.

Should be what you are looking for.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 7:47 AM   in reply to juan calvo

Do you mean convert Illustrator shapes into code? Try this: http://drawscri.pt/

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 9:09 AM   in reply to snunicycler

Yolu're obviously still using CS4 because in CS5 and above it's more complicated. The direct option for saving html and images has been replaced.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 9:24 AM   in reply to Larry G. Schneider

Larry G. Schneider wrote:

Yolu're obviously still using CS4 because in CS5 and above it's more complicated. The direct option for saving html and images has been replaced.

I'm using cs5. not sure about 6, never used it. but this method works in cs5, i just did it.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 9:38 AM   in reply to snunicycler

boosh.JPGhtmlandimages.JPG

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 9:58 AM   in reply to snunicycler

Sorry, I was wrong. It's in CS6 that only the images are saved with no html.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points