Skip navigation
mancinrob21
Currently Being Moderated

Guided mode never stops initializing

Apr 17, 2013 1:51 PM

Tags: #guided #initializng

I have Elements 11 (version 11.0), running on Mac OS 10.7.5. The QUICK and EXPERT modes work well but the GUIDED mode never stops initializing. I see that the initializing window opens when I switch to QUICK but when I switch back to GUIDED the Initializing bar is always somewhere in the middle and never moves to the end. Does any body have a solution for this? should I re-install the software? Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 17, 2013 4:15 PM   in reply to mancinrob21

Is this a fresh install or have you installed 10.7 since installing the software? Did it ever work?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 7:01 AM   in reply to mancinrob21

Is it the app store version? If so, uninstall and reinstall. If you use any kind of antivirus software, turn it off during the install.

If it's the regular version, go to hard drive>library>application support>adobe>Photoshop Elements>11.0>Locale>en_US (or your location) and delete mediaDatabase.db3. Then relaunch the editor, but don't do anything tilll you see the thumbnails reappear in the effects panel.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 7:02 AM   in reply to Barbara B.

Forgot to say, it's tough to find that library in 10.7 and 10.8. You have three libraries: you username>library, system>library (NEVER touch that one), and the one at the top level of your hard drive. If you can't find that last one, let me know.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 7:19 PM   in reply to Barbara B.

I have the same problem, and it is an AppStore version. I have no antivirus installed. I have already seing this solution, but it does not fit my situation.

Do you have any other suggestion?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 9:35 PM   in reply to A.G.Mendes

For the app store there's no solution except a reinstall. Don't even try to mess with mediaDatabase.db3 in that version--it doesn't care if you delete that file and never rebuilds it, which means that you lose all access to all the content it tracks  if you delete it.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2013 6:36 PM   in reply to Barbara B.

Since I did it three times and didn't work and you cannot help me, how do I get my money back?

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2013 4:15 PM   in reply to mancinrob21

I am not that able to operate MacOS, but I found someone with ideas on solution.

Look at the link http://forums.adobe.com/message/4880189#4880189

I could not solve my proble at all!!!

Maybe Adobe can create a patch following the suggestions from the user.

Regards

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points