Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Reconnecting to an open path

Apr 17, 2013 4:16 PM

I change between screens a lot when using Illustrator. If I am in the middle of making a path and then try to come back to it the last anchor point only has one handle. Then I have to go and convert it but that repeats the entire process.

For example if I wanted to connect to the below path, hovering over the anchor point would switch to this: pen-continue.jpg but that leaves me with an anchor point and one direction handle. This makes for poor curves There must be a quicker way then having to convert each anchor point no? Thanks!!!

Screen Shot 2013-04-17 at 6.09.35 PM.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 17, 2013 4:27 PM   in reply to dasikins

I haven't been able to recreate what you describe. When I leave AI and return, the active path is just as I left it and I can continue drawing by clicking to create the next anchor point. Am I missing something? Seems to work in both CS5 and 6 here.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2013 4:44 PM   in reply to dasikins

You might try with Disabling Auto Add/Delete in the Preferences. Cmd(Ctrl)-K>General.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 6:58 AM   in reply to dasikins

Here's a video capture of what I get on CS5 (Mac).

http://youtu.be/MafQMmx1lHY

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 8:06 AM   in reply to dasikins

You're welcome. I work in AI all day long and I know how frustrating small glitches can become. Hope you're able to resolve this issue.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points