Skip navigation
seanlark
Currently Being Moderated

Using PS Elements 11 on a Mac how can one replicate Finder folders in the Elements Organiser view?

Apr 17, 2013 10:46 PM

Tags: #finder_folders #organiser_folders

Hi all - I have found the Organiser folder structure quite confusing and it does not seem to replicate the Finder folder structure other than randomly, unlike Bridge in PS for PC which I also use.

I would love to be able to create folders in elements or simply do so in Finder and find them show up in elements Organiser. It seems to me that only once I have saved an image to a folder in the Finder does it show up in the Organiser folder view. Is this correct?

Any suggestions around a sensible workflow or approach here would be most welcome, thanks. Sean

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 17, 2013 10:54 PM   in reply to seanlark

Did you try Folder Tree view?

To see the entire folder hierarchy, please click the small icon just infront of "My Folders" label in left panel.

It will display folder tree view. Now if you want to see all folders under say a root folder "abc", right click on "abc" and choose "Show all sub-folders"

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2013 4:14 AM   in reply to seanlark

The PSE Organizer will not show the same photos that you see in your Finder because the PSE Organizer is not a file browser.

It only shows files and folders that have been imported into PSE. If you see a mismatch between what the Organizer shows and what PSE shows, then you need to import the photos into PSE's Organizer.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2013 5:58 AM   in reply to seanlark

You did not click on the icon :

icone-1.jpg

As dj_paige, sait, the 'My Picture' view only shows the last level subfolder where pictures are known from the database; that view is created from the contents of the database. If you click on the icon, you'll see a similar view as in the explorer or finder. Both views are useful for different purposes.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points