Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Any idea when Support for NVIDIA K2000 and K4000 will be available?

Apr 18, 2013 12:48 AM

Tags: #nvidia_quadro_4000 #video_cards #gpu-acceleration #after_effect #approved_video_cards #premier_6.0 #quadro_2000

I purchased these cards for two new machines based on the promotion on the NVIDIA web site for Adobe Premiere and After Effects, only to get the machines built, cards and software installed and oops, no recognition by Adobe products.  Anyone have any idea if these boards are being evaluated by Adobe for inclusion?  I need to know whether to pull them and get the older 2000 and 4000 (no K designation).  I hate having to go down for a week if this could be coming shortly.

Replies
  • Alex Gerulaitis
    490 posts
    Jun 9, 2009
    Apr 18, 2013 4:05 AM   in reply to vidkidrrh

Edit (or rename) cuda_supported_cards.txt as described in "How to Unlock Adobe Premiere CS5, CS5.5, CS6 and CS7 to use almost any NVIDIA graphics card with CUDA acceleration." by Studio 1 Productions. No need to pull anything.

|
    Mark as:
  • Alex Gerulaitis
    490 posts
    Jun 9, 2009
    Apr 18, 2013 4:18 AM   in reply to vidkidrrh

For AE, there's a different article, as well as Adobe (Todd Kopriva's) collection of AE performance optimization articles and tips.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2013 5:53 PM   in reply to vidkidrrh

By "Quattro," I assume that you mean "Quadro." http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro.html

"Quattro" is a designation for an AWD Audi vehicle. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quattro_(four-wheel-drive_system)

Now, I am surprised at the drop in performance, i.e. longer processing times, with the K Series Quadro cards. That is interesting, and a bit unexpected.

I'll keep following this thread, to learn something. I have been a long-time Quadro-user, and have loved the cards, but my current nVidia cards are not in the Quadro lineup - at least not yet.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
  • Alex Gerulaitis
    490 posts
    Jun 9, 2009
    Apr 18, 2013 6:59 PM   in reply to vidkidrrh

After running his program, however, a file that had rendereded in 1.5 hours in my older system (with the GTX580) took 3 hrs and 25 min with the Quattro unrecognized and is currently slated to take 5 hrs and 10 min with the Quattro card recognized.

Make a very simple and short test project with a "known good" video file with a "known good" resolution and codec, e.g. a 1080p30 MPEG2. Run encoding / rendering tests on either machines, note settings and time on each run.  Swap the GTX-580 and Quadro K4000 between the two, install drivers, run the tests again. Let us know what you find out.  If the results are as expected - i.e. the new system is faster - then something's fishy with your source files and/or project.

|
    Mark as:
  • Alex Gerulaitis
    490 posts
    Jun 9, 2009
    Apr 19, 2013 1:30 PM   in reply to vidkidrrh

Thanks for the kudos!  (Nice vid!)

(I have to give kudos to Eric from ADK for this - he mentioned elsewhere on the forum that source files could be the problem with unusually long rendering and/or encoding times.)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Incoming Links

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points