Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

video zoom

Apr 18, 2013 4:29 AM

In Pro 5.5, how do I keep the same size video that is going into the source monitor when it comes out of the program monitor?  The video has been zoomed in when seen in the program monitor.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2013 4:47 AM   in reply to rkg6239

By making sure that your sequence settings match your source material. Drag a clip from the project panel and drop it on the new Sequence icon  in the bottom of the project panel.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 6:00 AM   in reply to rkg6239

If you know the sequence matches the footage (so it's not actually being cropped) then I assume you have the zoom level of the program monitor set to something other than 'Fit'. Change it with the little dropdown menu on the lower left of the monitor window.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 6:00 AM   in reply to rkg6239

If you have the correct sequence, make sure the program monitor is set to 'Fit' and not a zoom level

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 6:59 AM   in reply to rkg6239

Your Sequence, or Timeline, should be set to match the characteristics of the video being edited. If you have 1920x1080i 29.97 video source, then that is the Sequence preset you should have. If your Sequence is 720p at 1280x720, or DV at 720x480, then the 1080i clips will look magnified since the video is larger than the frame you are putting it in.

As suggested, in the Project Bin, take one of your clips and drop it onto the little icon at lower right for New Sequence and it will make one to match the clip. You can right-click on a clip and check the Properties to see specs for the clip, and check Sequence Menu at top of screen to see what current Sequence settings are. They should match usually.

Another way is to use Edit > New > Sequence and choose a preset that matches your footage source.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 10:35 AM   in reply to rkg6239

In the Project bin, where your clips are , there are little buttons at the bottom. Hover your mouse over them and it tells you what they are - I believe it is second from the right. Just drag a clip onto that button, and it creates a New Sequence with the settings to match your media. Or go to File > New > Sequence and from the list, choose "HDV" and then the 29.97 option (I think it says 60i or 30i also).

If you've already done some editing and don't want to start over, simple - make the New Sequence, then go to original sequence and Ctrl+A to "Select All", then Ctrl+C to "Copy", then open the new sequence and Ctrl+V to "Paste" everything in there.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points