Skip navigation
daysleeper63
Currently Being Moderated

error notice when I

Apr 18, 2013 5:21 AM

Tags: #problem #help #error #adobe

click on 'run' to get into control panel or speech recognition or other programs.  Even trying to click on run shuts me out, going nowhere. One day I'm dictating with my new headset and listening to my grand daughter's new song via the internet and the next, skydrive is all over my computer. I have windows 7  64 bit exp10. So no Silverlight. No uninstall skydrive.  Then I get 'does not have default' and I am shut out of many more sites and some of my short cuts on desktop are coming up skydrive when I click on them instead of what I expect to see. I have McAfee and I do routine cleaning, checking, etc.  Every day, I lose more and never know what it will be. The only big thing I've downloaded was google chrome and I took that out. Just in case. I did get to control panel via computer in start, and then onto default program associates files and protocols. I followed the instructions and still no help. In fact, it's worse. Sounds like I'm ruining it, right? Thing is, I haven't 'changed' anything.  I downloaded 3 family pictures in the last month and a song. This computer is only a year old. I got it on sale but right out of the box. And not one problem until skydrive.  I don't know what the next step is. I've ordered a back up hard drive to have when I restore to an earlier time. I don't know if that's going to help- much less fix it.  I'm in the middle of a project and not having speech recognition is going to add years to it. The message says it is no longer there. Gone. How can something be gone out of a plastic flat box? It's inside, just lost. How could it be damaged? I always turn it off when I'm not using it. But.....it's not there anymore?????? I hope I don't have to reboot. Ugh. Thanks for suggestions in advance.  daysleeper63

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points