Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Dream sequence wavy transition

Apr 18, 2013 9:10 AM

I would like to use one of those old-fashioned wavey dream sequence transtions in Premiere Pro CS5 (not 5.5) but I can't find one.

Does anyone have any ideas where I could get one (preferably free) or how to create one?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2013 9:18 AM   in reply to Kusumas

For a "dream sequence" from many years ago, I went on a search for a Transition, that worked for me. I ended up with Pixelan's Spice Master, though looked at ProDad's and NewBlue FX's Transitions, as well. None was free, but none was very expensive either (each had sets of various Transitions, and I did not mind paying the fairly low price, though I really only needed a few). Pixelan has great power, and even better customer support. I could not recommend a 3rd party provider more highly.

Good luck, and maybe others will have more suggestions. Back when I was working on that Project, they certainly did, and many of those folk are still around here, but those threads are long gone (here and in the AE forum, as well), because so much of the older stuff was lost when Adobe changed the forums (actually twice, since the days of that Project).

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 12:40 PM   in reply to Kusumas

You could do this in After Effects with the wiggle expression.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2013 2:15 AM   in reply to Kusumas

How about playing around with Wave Warp in AE? I am not sure what exactly you are after but you can do anything with AE

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2013 4:51 PM   in reply to Kusumas

Ooops.  Wave Warp is what I meant.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2013 8:44 AM   in reply to Kusumas

If you're in London, look me up and I'll buy you a pint of flat, warm, English beer (don't that sound tasty?!)

To some, it does. Right after Belgium, I like the brews in the UK next best. Passing by Fullers is like I am "coming home," and I always look for it on both ways to/from LHR. Though I am more of a Samuel Smith's fan, I still love passing Fuller's.

Grand offer!

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2013 2:51 PM   in reply to Kusumas

don't that sound tasty?

Right up there with haggis.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2013 3:33 AM   in reply to Kusumas

Nice, I bet it is going to be awesome. And flat  English warm beer? Yumm! I'll take you up on that invitation. Could go to some smelly loud pub and scream about after effects and cheesy transitions.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2013 3:40 AM   in reply to BenForder

oops used my colleague's account to reply to that! I wonder how that hapened. Sorry Ben.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2013 9:17 PM   in reply to Kusumas

First of all I am surprised you did not change Pinning to "All Edges", but OK.

Animate the Wave Height and Wave Width and probably the Phase while you are at it. Just click on the stop watches, move the CTI to the end of the clip (-1 frame) and mess with the settings. That will cause it to move.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points