Skip navigation
Shmuel-Edelman
Currently Being Moderated

Why do Mts Files stop showing video?

Apr 18, 2013 10:12 AM

I have a Panasonic Camera which make MTS files/ My broblem is when I import these files (1080i) to a project- usually with long Projects- What happens is that the video freezes aand I can hear only the sound.

I bad solution is to render entire workspace- ut take a lot of time - but then the yellow line on top of timeline gets green and the video streams well. Is there a better solution?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2013 10:58 AM   in reply to Shmuel-Edelman

Welcome to the forum.

Can you look over this FAQ Entry on what information would be very useful in diagnosing your problem? http://forums.adobe.com/thread/961741?tstart=0

Good luck, and please let us know more,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 11:05 AM   in reply to Shmuel-Edelman

We need more informations, especially about the hardware. I'll think your hardware is insufficient to work with AVCHD

Regards

Axel 

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 11:06 AM   in reply to Shmuel-Edelman

>then the yellow line on top of timeline gets green and the video streams well.

http://blogs.adobe.com/premiereprotraining/2011/02/red-yellow-and-gree n-render-bars.html may help

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 12:05 PM   in reply to Shmuel-Edelman

How long are the clips?  Over 20 minutes?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2013 4:33 PM   in reply to Shmuel-Edelman

It will freeze on those shorter clips?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2013 11:10 PM   in reply to Shmuel-Edelman

Looks like too weak hardware and / or ill tuned system.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2013 1:43 AM   in reply to Shmuel-Edelman

Give us some help. Specific i5, RAM, GPU, dedicated hard drive?

With what you have offered, one can only guess. Your system is behaving like a under powered system. AVCHD is a very demanding codec. When you render the timeline, you're basically converting the video on the timeline to i-frame mpeg preview footage which is easier to decode, therefore plays smoothly.

On a properly configured editing machine, Premiere CS5x and later is set up for RT editing of native codecs, or raw footage. One needs a fast 4 core processor(read intel) and adequate memory to work with AVCHD.

What you can do is transcode your raw AVCHD to MXF OP1a for an intermediate format.  That is basically the workflow that FCP 7&X have done using ProRes as an intermediate. It allows for a smoother editing experience with less powerful, more consumer end computers. The intermedate files will be much bigger on your hard drive, but will edit smoothly on a less powerful machine.

If you have CS6, you can use Prelude to Select, Organize, and Transcode your raw footage, giving you a rough cut for Premiere. This will help by giving you a leg up organizing and rough cutting, but also only transcoding the footage you actually want to use. The resulting Premiere project will perform better using intermediate codec format selected in Prelude.

If you find this workflow too time consuming, you can build a machine that is more suitable for native AVCHD editing.

Good Luck

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points