Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop 3d Render - Meshes won't move

Apr 18, 2013 11:11 AM

Tags: #photoshop #3d #bug #cs6 #mesh

Hello,

I can hardly think of anything more frustrating than dealing with the bugginess of Photoshop 64 bit CS6 Extended 3d (v13.0 x32 -- no updates since launch??) on a Windows 7 x64 workstation. It constantly crashes, renames my layers, and scenes will suddenly go in to the netherworld requiring a PS restart.

However, after spending hours assembling a scene with just 3 simple postcard meshes, I can no longer affect the meshes' coordinates or sizes either by dragging or typing in numbers in to the properties panel -- after attempting a move, it shows the busy cursor for a second or two and then puts the mesh back where it started. To add insult, it adds an undo state to move the mesh back! I tried restarting PS to no avail.

Has anyone experienced this and found a work-around? I hesitate to re-assemble the scene with a new file if this is a common occurence.

It seems like if you didn't buy the Adobe Creative Cloud, your version of PS is ignored and left languishing with all the day-1 bugs.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2013 11:57 AM   in reply to viveredesign

There certainly are updates for perpetual license customers of photoshop cs6 and that being 13.01.1 among other updates for windows versions.

Have you tried Help>Updates from within photoshop cs6?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 12:30 PM   in reply to viveredesign

If you go to Help>About Photoshop in both the 32 and 64 bit versions, do they both say Version 13.0.1?

Untitled-2.png

If they are both up to date, then resetting the photoshop preferences and also making sure your video card drivers

are the latest drivers from the card makers website (not the the ones windows update installs) are other courses of action.

Do you know what video card you have?

Resetting the preferences:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/375776?tstart=0

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 1:14 PM   in reply to viveredesign

It could also be that if your troubles are in the 32 bit version and not with the 64 bit version that your trying to use more resources than are available for the 32 bit version of cs6

as the 32 bit version can only use up to around 3.2 gigs of ram.

Aso, there have been problems with the amd drivers as of late and the beta 13.3 beta 3 version seems to be pretty good.

Or the 12.8 version works as well.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 1:12 PM   in reply to viveredesign

Some about the amd video drivers:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1137477?tstart=30

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2013 11:28 AM   in reply to viveredesign

You could try hiding the frozen object then adding a replacement to the scene. Hide an object by poking out its eye in 3D panel.

Screen shot 2013-04-24 at 19.23.44.png

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2013 1:02 PM   in reply to viveredesign

viveredesign wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

That's certainly a possible solution, however I'm trying to produce a bunch of rendered images from a 3D scene that mostly doesn't change save the textures and positioning (similar to http://viveredesign.com/portfolio/vivere-design-sample-laup-campaign). When merging 3d layers, (AFAIK) the scene parameters get reset and I have to spend time dialing in all the angles again.

In my experience with merging 3D layers, the lower layer is maintained and simply has the objects from the other layer(s) added to it. Maybe it's unreliable when a document is corrupted, though, as yours seems to be.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2013 2:02 PM   in reply to viveredesign

I was a fool to trust Adobe to fix some of the bugs and severe inconveniences of 3D that were in the version 13.0 of 11 months ago. Nothing has been improved. In fact, a major new bug was introduced in 13.0.1 for OS X. The 3D software is junk. A broken toy that seems to have been designed and programmed by novices and incompetents.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points