Skip navigation
FQuail
Currently Being Moderated

How do I fix/avoid installation error with Premiere Elements 3.0?

Apr 18, 2013 12:49 PM

I am trying to reinstall my copy of Premiere Elements 3.0. My desktop crashed and I had to reimage the hard drive, necessitating reinstallation of most of my software. The software worked fine before the crash. I get an error message to the effect that "Premiere Elements could not load audio drivers--Please reinstall and try again."  I've tried several times with the same result. Any ideas?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2013 2:05 PM   in reply to FQuail

Windows or Mac, and which version?

>could not load audio drivers

Did you install all the motherboard drivers from the motherboard disc?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 4:21 PM   in reply to FQuail

Along the lines of John T's comment/question on MoBo drivers, what make of audio chip do you have? Most are Realtec, and if yours is, I would go to their Web site, download and install the latest audio driver for your OS and chip.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 4:31 PM   in reply to FQuail

It is probable that the builder installed the proper drivers at that time. However, audio drivers are updated fairly often, so it is always a good practice to update them, when a newer one is available. I do this constantly. However, and though I recommend it for many problems, I do not update my video driver, until I have an issue.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 5:10 PM   in reply to FQuail

FQuail,

The notification will depend on how John T. has his e-mail notifications set up: I can be for any complete forum, for a particular thread, or for all of his posts.

However, I know that John T. looks at the main page often, and revisits all interesting threads, that have Updated showing, as I do. I have ALL e-mail notifications turned OFF, and just drop by the main page here, when I have a moment.

As your Reply is visible to all, he will see it.

Thanks for caring,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 7:38 PM   in reply to FQuail

>motherboard drivers

Depending on your computer vendor there might/should be a disc (CD or DVD) that is separate from Windows Vista, which contains device driver software and/or small application programs that are designed to make the motherboard fully functional

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Device_driver

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chipset

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_card

If you don't have such a disc, Hunt's advice will work... and is likely even better, since you will be able to download the latest software for your motherboard

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points