Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Is it possible to make minor adjustments to Photoshop layers?

Apr 18, 2013 5:00 PM

I'm makeing a demo video for an iPhone app and I have a really good PSD template for an iPhone but I'm not seeing a way to move any of the layers around.  The reason I need to make adjustments is because it has a nice relfection on the screen and I need to gett the footage from the video underneath the reflection.  Is something like this possible?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2013 12:58 PM   in reply to DaftlyPunkish

Is this a Photoshop question? You can rearrange the layers in Photoshop. Also, if you import your Photoshop file as a composition and there are layers in the PSD then you will end up with a comp with multiple layers. Each of these can be moved. I would suggest choosing the option to retain layer sizes when you import as a composition.

If you're importing as a composition and you only get one layer then the PSD either contains layer groups and these groups are importing as nested comps or is NOT RGB. Let us know if this does not solve your problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 1:41 PM   in reply to DaftlyPunkish

I can't tell if your PSD template is RGB from the Screenshot. CMYK files won't work.

Are you checking these options when you import the PSD?

Screen Shot 2013-04-18 at 1.40.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-04-18 at 1.38.11 PM.png

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 6:58 PM   in reply to DaftlyPunkish

Still don't know if your PSD is RGB,  CMYK, or LAB or Indexed color. You'll find that info by going to the tab bar in Photoshop or by selecting Image>Mode>RGB Color. If it's CMYK layers are not going to work. All screenshots are from Photoshop.

The Tab Bar:

Screen Shot 2013-04-18 at 6.55.44 PM.png

From the menu:

Screen Shot 2013-04-18 at 6.55.54 PM.png

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers