Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 Master Collection won't update

Apr 18, 2013 Apr 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased the DVD version of CS6 Master Collection for Mac recently and proceeded to install it on my iMac running Mac OS X 10.6.8.  The installation went smoothly and my serial number was accepted fine.

The versions of the various applications that got installed were all 0.0 releases, so I chose Help > Updates from within Illustrator.  The central updater told me there were about 700 MB worth of updates, which I downloaded and installed.  After that, the central updater says there are no further updates.  Unfortunately, none of the major CS6 applications got updated.  Illustrator, Photoshop, etc. are all still at the 0.0 versions.

I then tried downloading the manual updaters for each of the major applications.  Each time I tried to run a manual updater, I got an error message saying that the updater cannot be applied.  This happens no matter which updater I try (0.01, 0.02...) or which application I try to update.

I have noticed these things:

- Photoshop does update to the 0.01 release, but further updates fail

- Acrobat X updates correctly using its own update check

I have tried the following steps, to no effect:

1. Uninstalling and reinstalling CS6 Master Collection

2. Uninstalling and reinstalling using the downloaded trial version of Master Collection

I can't find anyone else reporting this kind of problem in the forum.  Does anyone have any suggestions about what to do?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2013 Apr 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lagaffe5,

Please try updating the programs by logging on to the root user account on the Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 19, 2013 Apr 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I already was logged in as an administrator.  I tried mounting the .dmg file for the Illustrator 16.0.1 update, then opening a terminal window.  In the terminal window I typed:

sudo /Volumes/AdobeIllustratorCS6/AdobePatchInstaller.app/Contents/MacOS/AdobePatchInstaller

I then entered my password.  The same error message appeared as before.  It says:

"Update Failed.  Updates could not be applied.  This patch is not applicable for you.  Please check for updates from the Help menu in your product to see a list of latest updates available."

If I try to to check for updates within Illustrator 16.0.0, I am told that no updates are available, which is obviously not the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines