Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Bluray chapter markers

Apr 18, 2013 1:19 PM

I have a 70 min 1920x1080 25i timeline in Premiere with 14 named Encore chapter markers, number one is at the start of the sequence. I export to H254 Bluray video only VBR 2 pass. I import into Encore using 'import as timeline. In Encore I find I have 15 chapter points all in the wrong place the extra being an un-named marker at the start. This has happened with all my Bluray projects all with similar content. this project is number 6.

 
Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2013 1:27 PM   in reply to Richard M Knight

    Odd.

     

    Two markers at the start, one you named in PR, and another added upon export or import? They can't both be at zero timecode. What are the locations?

     

    I didn't think you could name the first marker in PR, since it is added automatically. Can't test at the moment.

     

    "All in different places," but is marker 3 in Encore in the correct location for your original marker 2?

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2013 1:44 PM   in reply to Richard M Knight

    Open the .prproj file in a test editor (or xml if you have it). Search for "encore." The timecode is in their "ticks" format, but ticks are in timecode order with the chapter markers have the names you gave them.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2013 2:06 PM   in reply to Richard M Knight

    Double check that they are Encore markers.

     

    I would sure try not using the offset and seeing what happens.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2013 4:01 PM   in reply to Stan Jones

    Sorry; I was in a hurry. The "Encore" I was finding was in the marker name ("Test Encore Marker"). In fact, "Encore" does not appear in the marker designation. Here is the code from one of my test markers:

     

    <Marker ObjectID="7" ClassID="a45508e0-3ff7-4d04-90a7-2e0dfff4c910" Version="3">

      <Node Version="1">

      </Node>

      <DVAMarker>{"DVAMarker": {"mCuePointType": "Event", "mMarkerID": "ad4e9548-e487-4455-946a-dbe3e30ac819", "mName": "Test Encore Marker", "mStartTime": {"ticks": 254270016000}, "mType": "Chapter"}}</DVAMarker>

     

    Edit: So search for one of your marker names or perhaps "DVAMarker."

     

    Edit2: The  word to search appears to be "Chapter" as the type.

     
    |
    Mark as:

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

  • 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points