Skip navigation
Vik_R
Currently Being Moderated

How to Get Page Break Before Inline TOC in EPUB?

Apr 18, 2013 2:13 PM

Tags: #epub #toc_questions

I'm exporting a book file to epub.  The TOC is created correctly inline, but I can't yet find a way to get a page break right before it. 

In EPUB Export Options->Advanced, I have selected Split Document->Based on Paragraph Style Export Tags.

The TOC Header (saying "Table of Contents") has the paragraph style "TOC Heading." In paragraph styles panel->Edit all Export Tags, I have checked the checkbox for "Split EPUB" next to the "TOC Heading" style.

But, after export, there is no page break before the TOC Header.

How can I correct this?

Thanks very much in advance to all for any info.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2013 5:19 PM   in reply to Vik_R

Do you have a page break that ePub can identify at the end of the page before the TOC?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 7:09 PM   in reply to Vik_R

This is one way to do it:

1) Create a new paragraph style

2) In Basic Character Formats/Size enter 0.1 pt (that's the minimum) so it won't show if you are using this same file for printing

3) In Character Color choose None

4) In Export Tagging select: Split Document (EPUB only)

Now you can create a force break at the last line of the page before the TOC and apply this paragraph style to it. This should create the page break you need.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 8:51 PM   in reply to Vik_R

I think basically you're doing it correctly. I've run into the same problem. What I found is that the heading in the PLACED table of contents (placed by using the Layout > Table of Contents feature and placing it onto the page) will not work for making a page break. It's a special kind of object because it can be updated by the Update Table of Contents command.

You have to do a workaround: You need to create "Table of Contents" in a separate frame and apply the TOC Heading paragraph style.

In the TOC style, DON'T include content for the TOC title. Look at the screen captures below of my TOC.

Contents.jpg

TOCStyle.jpg

By separating the "Contents" into its own frame it works in EPUB:

ADEPreview.jpg

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers