Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

ritch balck discoloring white object

Apr 18, 2013 2:18 PM

Hi everyone. I seem to be having a little problem with indesign and ritch black. I am making a flier that has a black background. The first time I printed out the black was a little weak. So I changed the black to a ritch black c=100 m=o y=0 k=100. Now everything that is white or even slightly transparent has taken on a blue hue. I have done this sort of thing many times in illutrator and photoshop and have never had this problem. I have checked my blending modes and everything is set to "normal" . Does any one know why this might be?  I am using Indesign  CS6  on mac os 10.6.8

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 19, 2013 6:58 AM   in reply to CoGordo4

If your file is to be printed CMYK, try setting your rich black to 40c30m30y100k. That will give you a nice 3/c gray for the black to lay on top of. Can't say if that will totally solve your problem but that's the formula we always use for rich black.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 25, 2013 1:56 AM   in reply to CoGordo4

Applying a rich black is a good idea for going to professional printers. But it's rarely a good idea when printing from a home printer/digital printer.

I find it best to go the Edit> Preferences and in the Appearance of Black change the output to Rich Black.

You can then leave the Black as 100% black in the layout - and output to an RGB device as Rich Black.

NOTE: This only affects RGB devices (regardless of whether it uses CMYK or RGB inks the device is inheritently RGB)

In regards to Photoshop - it's not the same as Indesign, that's why it doesn't behave the same.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points