Skip navigation
Tadow
Currently Being Moderated

Why is Illustrator changing layer order when I export?

Apr 18, 2013 3:38 PM

Tags: #illustrator #cs5 #export #png #cs6 #layer_order

I have a relatively simple Illustrator file that consists of several scatter plot graphs. Each point is a filled circle with an outline which sits on top of an error bar. The elements are ordered correctly in Illustrator; the error bars are visible behind the circles. However, when I try to export to PNG, JPEG, BMP, or any other format, the order of the elements changes such that the error bars on are on top of the circles. I have tried several variations of grouping and ungrouping but nothing seems to help. When I save as EPS, the order is retained; when I try to export from EPS to PNG, the order is changed as described above. I have other similar AI files that don't have this problem. I have tried this on both CS5 and CS6. Overprinting is turned off, and none of the elements have any transparancy. Has anyone else experienced this problem, and does anyone have a possible solution?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2013 11:22 PM   in reply to Tadow

Using belnding modes? Raster effects? What are your raster effect settings? Sounds like you are seeing a difference due to exporting at different DPI/ with different raster settings... Screenshots might help to clarify the issue...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 22, 2013 5:11 AM   in reply to Tadow

Can you send us the original .ai file?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status