Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Getting symbols of various sizes same stroke wight on the stage?

Apr 19, 2013 3:45 AM

Tags: #help #3.0 #action_script_3 #actionscript #flash_professional #cs6 #flash_cs6 #stroke_weight

In a game I have instances on the stage. Their original sizes vary and on the stage I have resized them differently. This means that one item has a thicker stroke weight than the other. I would like them to have the same stroke weight. If I use the 9-scale-functionality they get the same stroke size (1pt) but that is to small. To use Properties/Stroke/Scale None has the same unwanted effect.

The instances are used with action script so if there is action script to manage this it is ok.

I am not an expert on AS and have tried some things but cant get it to work in my context... (Someone is helping me with the heavier parts of the AS.) Maybe I can do something here in the code:

for(var i = 0; i < items.length; i++)

{

var originalItemInfo = new ItemInfo();

var item = items[i];

originalItemInfo.item = item;

originalItemInfo.originalX = item.x;

originalItemInfo.originalY = item.y;           

originalItemInfos.push(originalItemInfo);

}

Best regards,

Åsa

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 20, 2013 7:23 AM   in reply to Botilada

Might be helpful to mention your target. Desktop? Device? For instance I've found scale-9 slice doesn't work on iOS but works fine on desktop. Also scale-9 works more reliably with bitmaps for me than vectors, which I find strange. What is your output target?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 22, 2013 1:15 PM   in reply to Botilada

How complex is the object you're trying to resize? Is it just a background? Can it be fairly easily reproduced using the graphics library to draw shapes and fills? It's going to come down to you hand coding this to resize if 9-slice won't work (which it doesn't for me).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points