Skip navigation
babyned
Currently Being Moderated

Difficulty with Licensing Android apps developed with Flash CS6

Apr 19, 2013 5:05 AM

Tags: #air #app #adobe #flash #google #as3 #cs5.5 #android #license #play #licensing #key #cs6 #lvl #paid

Hi, I'm heading down many a blind alley with this one. I have developed an Android app using Flash CS6 and it is ready to be published on Google Play. However, as it is a paid app, it is strongly advised to license it to protect it.

There is a bit of documentation on how to do this with Flash Builder, but I need to be able to do it with Flash. The following link provides some info, though it is far too confusing for me to follow.

http://www.rybram.com/index.php/blog/61-air-30-android-licensing-tutor ial-project

The Android developer page has info about it here, but it keeps refering to the Manifest file.

http://developer.android.com/google/play/licensing/adding-licensing.ht ml

I've seen a few other threads on here touching on this subject, but I have not had any luck with them. There's lots of references to Air Native Extensions that handle licensing but I don't understand them.

I'm quite surprised that there is no support from Adobe on such a fundamental stage of the app production. Basically, anyone developing Android apps using the otherwise fantastic Flash CS6 will have trouble protecting their apps with licenses once published, meaning that anyone can just grab the .apk file and redistribute it anywhere.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 19, 2013 6:04 AM   in reply to babyned

The article you linked to is very detailed. What more information do you need?

Are you mainly interested to protect your Code from being decompiled or from users to freely copy it without paying the price?

Or both?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 19, 2013 7:35 AM   in reply to babyned

I think what I need is the idiot's guide

As long as you don`t make this attudude a habit

It might be best that you hire someone to look into the matter, pushing out sth. on the market with no real plan

I'm heading down many a blind alley with this one

could get you into serious trouble with customers that buy your product, experiencing trouble with some kind of DRM you are blindfoldedly implementing and having no clue how to fix it.

Just saying.

You wouldn`t surely feel comfortably buying from a developer who is admitting to have no clue what he/she is doing, would you?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points