Skip navigation
Woodle Doodle
Currently Being Moderated

Adding Pinterest widgets to DW CS6

Apr 19, 2013 9:06 AM

Tags: #dreamweaver #plugin #widget #pinterest #dream_weaver #plug-in_not_responding

Hi - I'm a novice and I'm pretty sure I'm doing something very wrong. I'm trying to insert a Pinterest widget into a Dreamweaver CS6 page but it just doesn't seem to be happening - there's just no sign of the widget when I look at the page in any viewing mode or when I preview it in my browser (Safari).

I'm generating the code using the Pinterest widget builder http://business.pinterest.com/widget-builder/#do_embed_board . The page is based on a DW template I've created, and want the widget to display in an editable region. So, I've been inserting the link code generated by the widget builder into the editable region, and placing the Java code generated just above the closing body tag as advised.

But no joy. I've spent hours trying to work out what the issue is and I'm at my wits end. Can anyone help a useless novice? All thoughts / ideas welcome.

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 19, 2013 11:24 AM   in reply to Woodle Doodle

Welcome -

Could you upload your problem page to your server and post a link here?

We'll take a look for you.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 19, 2013 12:42 PM   in reply to Woodle Doodle

[I] want the widget to display in an editable region.

Editable regions are for content that changes from page to page.  In order for this widget to appear in an Editable Region, you must insert the code (using code view) into a child page. 

If you insert the code into a non-editable region of the template, it will be populated to all child pages on Save.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points