Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How can I change the Stroke size for the Brush tool?

Apr 19, 2013 11:27 AM

Hey guys,

I wanted to know how do I adjust the stroke size for the brush tool? It seems I can only adjust the pencil too stroke size. Any suggestions are helpful!

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 19, 2013 2:32 PM   in reply to Taylor Ringo

When you select the brush tool there should be two dots that appear at the end of the tools.  One is for brush size, the other is for brush shape.

Another trick for varying the brush size further is to either zoom in or zoom out of the stage.  The brush size does not scale so if you make the stage very small the brush becomes very large comapratively.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 23, 2013 11:45 AM   in reply to Taylor Ringo

Well, since it's such a strange way of handling brushes (meaning I can't zoom out and continue to work with the same brush settings and expect the brush to stay the same size), is there any plans to bring out a feature that will make the brush in Flash behave like... well... like EVERY OTHER BRUSH TOOL IN EVERY OTHER ARTISTIC PROGRAM?

Every time I get into flash after a couple of weeks downtime I find myself struggling, having to relearn, and then ultimately work around this weird decision of having the brush-size change because I zoomed in or out. And having a property for stroke width for brushes... that are just greyed out... is just outright misleading... leading to just a lot of hair-pulling from new users who find this property that is supposed to change the size, but is locked out.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 26, 2013 7:17 PM   in reply to www.jmalmsten.com

It's not likely in anyone's plans unless it gets brought to their attention.  You might not be the first to suggest it, which makes it more likely to gain attention if you add to precedent requests...

Adobe - Wishlist & Bug Report
    -----------------------------

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points