Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Convert a GoLive CS2 to DW CS6. Can this be done?

Apr 19, 2013 10:49 AM

Tags: #dreamweaver #cs6 #golive_cs2

Okay, I took the plunge to DW CS6. I held on to GoLive as long as I could. What made it easy was signing up for the Creative Cloud.

So I have a pretty big website that was made in GL CS2. How can I salvage it so I don't have to re-create every page in DW?  I know some scripts and behavors will have to be re-worked to DW.

Thanks,

-Russ

Mac Pro - Lion

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 19, 2013 10:56 AM   in reply to iRuss

There has been a discussion on that: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/743737

But you're talking a big website. I recommend you learn Dreamweaver and rebuild it. Lots things have changed for putting together websites since GoLive was axed by Adobe. I would consider a redesign and build out the entire website in a /test/ folder on your server until you have it completed. Then migrate to the new website on your server and get rid of the old site done in GoLive.

-Mark

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2013 11:10 AM   in reply to iRuss

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2013 11:12 AM   in reply to iRuss

I would suggest not trying to learn dreamweaver until you have a decent grasp of html and css (if you don't already, i know when I made the switch from GL I didn't). It will greatly reduce the headaches of making the transition.

DW is NOT a replacement for GL. It is much more geared toward people who understand what's going on "under the hood" so to speak and doesn't offer the same level of "do it for me" that GL had.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2013 11:56 AM   in reply to iRuss

iRuss wrote:

I have a decent grasp of html and CSS. So it should not be too much trouble for me.

Should be a breeze then.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points