Skip navigation
David Shahbaghlian
Currently Being Moderated

Rotate an image in Elements 11 timeline?

Apr 19, 2013 1:46 PM

How can I rotate an image in the timeline.  They are correct in the organizer, but importing them into the editor changes their postition.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 19, 2013 2:01 PM   in reply to David Shahbaghlian

Actually, Importing them does not change them, but Organizer is showing a rotated image. Many cataloging and display programs will interpret a file to be rotated, and read the metadata. Programs, like PrE does not look at that metadata, as it is ONLY for display. It reads the physical positions of the pixels in the Image, and until those are changed, will display those pixels, as they are written in the file. This article goes into more detail: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4160588#4160588

In PrE 11, one can Rotate the Image on the Timeline, with the Fixed Effect>Motion>Rotate. Select the Image on the Timeline, then go to Applied FX (right-hand side of GUI), and twirl open Motion, where you will see Rotate.

Remember, Video is landscape, so if you have portrait material, it will not fill the width of the Video Frame, when it fills the height, but will have black bars.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 19, 2013 4:00 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Bill Hunt wrote:

In PrE 11, one can Rotate the Image on the Timeline, with the Fixed Effect>Motion>Rotate. Select the Image on the Timeline, then go to Applied FX (right-hand side of GUI), and twirl open Motion, where you will see Rotate.

You can also select a clip, right click and select either Rotate 90 Left or Rotate 90 Right.  Its about 2/3 down the list.

I've had great fun with this.  Take a dog for a walk and hang the camera upside down on a monopod or tripod.  Keep the dog in the picture and the camera at its eye leve.  My wife's dog is a miniature dachshund, so the camera stays low.  It is easiest with a rotating LCD viewfinder.  It will give you a new perspective on life from a dog's point of view!  Of course you have to Rotate twice to get it right side up.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)