Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Creating 3d Cube with Custom Texture in CS6

Apr 19, 2013 2:09 PM

Tags: #3d #cs6 #photoshop_cs6 #cs6-3d #cube_mesh #3d-cube #3d_cube #3d-box #3d_box

Hi All,

Spent the whole day at work, trying to figure out how to create a 3d box in CS6 with custom texture. Before explaining my problem, i saw couple of good 3d onject videos already, they helped me alot and i am close to my target but yet not finished

Problem:

I would like to create a 3d product box with custom textures, reflection and shadows. I have my top, front, back and side images in high quality.

My Solution:

1- With my box TOP image, i create the 3d layer.

2- Because it creates the box with the top image looking front, i position it as the top image comes to the top of the box.

3- I resize the box to the dimensions i would like to.

4- Side, front and back textures are missing. As its a custom made box, i can only add all of them in one image so i merge them vertically in a file and add the texture in 3d section

5- With UV scaling, i fit the image perfectly

6- Adding light and reflections

7- Render

Now the main problem is, my images have the exact measures of the real product box and i would like to create a box with these dimensions.

1- How can i play with the dimensions of the 3d box with numbers, such as pixel or cm ? As i can see, its only with %. Or is there an option so when i add the second image (side, front and back, merged), box's length dimension changes accordingly?

2- How can i create 3d box and add different textures to different part of the box? I found CUBE MESH PRESET in the forums but no download link, EVEN IN THE DISCCUSION itself

3- I have a i5-3570 , 8GB Ram, 1GB Radeon HD7750 at work, newly built. I work with high resolution files, and when i create my box and render it, some parts come out blur, why this is happening? At home i have a older PC, and it doesnt happen that much. Where i can modify the render quality or such a thing if it exists?

Thanks in advance, this bugs me alot, if someone helps with this, i will be really happy !

Buri

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 19, 2013 11:19 PM   in reply to burak.82

The long and short version is: Use a 3D program. Blender is free, after all.

1- How can i play with the dimensions of the 3d box with numbers, such as pixel or cm ?

You can't. All units in PS are relativeand normalized to the scene.

2- How can i create 3d box and add different textures to different part of the box? I found CUBE MESH PRESET in the forums but no download link, EVEN IN THE DISCCUSION itself

That's what 3D-programs and UV layout tools are for. Creating an unfolded cube UV set is a 10 second thing. Here's one: http://www.mylenium.de/_temp/uv_box.zip.

Where i can modify the render quality or such a thing if it exists?

Select the Scene root to change the render mode and quality and also check the 3D section in the prefs.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points