Skip navigation
sjfpix42
Currently Being Moderated

If I subscribe to photoshop will it link in with lightroom

Apr 19, 2013 2:19 PM

Tags: #lightroom #photoshop #working #4 #together

I use Lightroom to edit but want to start doing a little more so am thinking about subscribing to photoshop.  I've downloaded the trial but Lightroom does not offer me the opportunity to edit in photoshop which it did when I had elements a while back.  The trial has not linked up with my lightroom.  If I subscribe will it do this - I think it will but wanted to double check.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 19, 2013 10:51 PM   in reply to sjfpix42

Not want you want to hear but I cannot think of any reason why an Adobe trial would not function in exactly the same way as the paid for version, except the time limitation, of course. I would be thinking this is an installation/configuration error and would either be re-installing Photoshop or reaching out to the tech support guys for assistance.

You could manually set it up using LR > Edit > Preferences > External Editing > Additional External Editor but frankly, you shouldn’t have to.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 20, 2013 1:03 PM   in reply to sjfpix42

Whilst I'm sure the techies will know how the application knows that Photoshop is installed (registry settings, no doubt) it might as well be just as easy to re-install the trial. I don't think that HD space would be at the root of this because I would imagine the installer wouldn't begin unless your system passed a certain minimum specification, which would undoubtedly include storage space. I think this might be just 'one of those annoying tech issues that i neither have the time nor patience to fully understand'. Life is short...so is re-installing

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points