Skip navigation
Ghaligi31
Currently Being Moderated

Can we insert an image from a website (href="http://")

Apr 19, 2013 1:21 PM

Tags: #image #xml #insert #href

I am trying to import images using import XML. I can easily get images that are locally stored. But I need to get images from a website. Is it possible to include "http://" path in the href propoerty of an image file. I am on a deadline. Any hint will be appreciated....thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 19, 2013 2:31 PM   in reply to Ghaligi31

Here are the possible ways of referencing to images:

Image reference examples
    Images stored in same folder as xml filehref=”file:///image.jpg”
    images stored in a sub folder inside the same folder as xml filehref=”file:///foldername/image.jpg”
    Images stored anywhere and referenced by accessing the full path name. This is referred to as an absolute path nameIn the Documents folder on your PC: href=”file:///C:/Users/username/Documents/
    RestOfPath/image.jpg”

In the Documents folder on your Mac: href=”file:///Users/username/Douments/
    RestOfPath/image.jpg”

Where username is to be replaced with your username (in my case that would be “carijansen”) and RestOfPath points to sub and sub-sub-folders inside the Documents folder
    Images stored on another volume (server)from a Macintosh OS: file:///Volumes/VolumeName/RestOfPath

Where VolumeName reflects the volume.
    from Windows: file:///Servername/RestOfPath
    Where ServerName reflects the name of the Server you’re connected to.

Ultimately, the file has to be residing on a network volume and not on a web server. So the path has to be Absolute path to the network volume and not a URL, because ID will not dynamically make calls to URL while opening the file or importing the XML.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points