Skip navigation
Droide Droid
Currently Being Moderated

I'm getting: Menu photoshop file changed outside of this application. Do you wish to reload...

Apr 19, 2013 3:26 PM

Tags: #file #photoshop #menu #of #this #to #encore #do #changed #cs6 #outside #you #wish #application. #reload...

I have been using CS for awhile, never seen this before. Started when using Win 8 intel i5 computer and CS 6 cloud membership. I have not changed any menus in photoshop or otherwise. I have started new projects and used new menus, different locations, nothing helps. Once before a friend installed a version of CS6 that happened not to be legit, I uninstalled and got the cloud subscription. The issue happened before and after.

Thanks for your help.EncoreMsg.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 19, 2013 4:18 PM   in reply to Droide Droid

Are you running "as administrator" (not just in an account with administrator privileges)?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2013 4:45 PM   in reply to Droide Droid

Don't know what to say. The only other time I recall this error (which I had forgotten till it was the only thing google produced), it was not sorted out.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4151944

I just tried to create it by blatantly changing a menu psd with encore open, closed etc. Could not produce the warning.

I am windows 7, CS6 (regular install, not cloud). I don't think any of that should matter.

It's odd enough that it would move an uninstall/reinstall higher on my list.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2013 5:43 PM   in reply to Droide Droid

If you had hacked software installed, you MAY need to wipe your drive and install everything fresh... hacked software SOMETIMES puts malware on the drive

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2013 8:22 PM   in reply to Droide Droid

Thanks for reporting. Let us know if this keeps working, or if you have to keep stopping processes.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2013 5:11 AM   in reply to Droide Droid

I see a reinstall in your future....

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2013 5:12 PM   in reply to Droide Droid

If it works, go with it! I suspect some kind of permissions issue in the chain somewhere.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points