Skip navigation
Kate Mateo
Currently Being Moderated

Not enough memory to open the illustration error

Apr 19, 2013 4:51 PM

Tags: #memory

I have Adobe CS5. 

I am running it on a laptop with 4 GB of memory.

Windows 6.1

but when I open the system info in the product, it says I have 3836 MB of memory.

Only Illlustrator is loaded and I cannot open any illustrator files.  I cannot even make a blank file.

I get the error message not enough memory to open the illustration.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled this product and it still doesn't work.

I tried the chat after 10 minutes of waiting for help they said they no longer support CS5 please try the phone.

I spent 20 minutes on hold only to find out that phone support is no longer available unless I want to spend $40 for an answer.

I am pretty angry and frustrated. 

I have searched my computer for a /etc/launchd.conf file but I cannot find it.

I am stuck please help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 19, 2013 11:32 PM   in reply to Kate Mateo

I have searched my computer for a /etc/launchd.conf file but I cannot find it.

That would be Mac only.... Anyway, start by trashing the prefs in the prefs folder:

Important Directories

Beyond that you might consider reinstalling Adobe Reader/ Acrobat. Some of these errors are caused by damaged shared PDf components. if the machine has a specific printer installed, remove it (temporarily) and uninstall its driver. This may also help, if files have stored printer information. Likewise, check your system's color settings and color profile usage. "Bad" profiles can have all sorts of negative influence...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points