• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I get After Effects and Premiere to not crash when opening on the new iMac?

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2013 Apr 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just transferred all my apps and files from the backup drive to my new 27" iMac

Processor  3.4 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory  24 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB

Software  OS X 10.8.3 (12D78)

Now After Effects and Premiere Pro crash every time I try to open them.

AE says:

"After Effects Error Couldn't find main entry point for Renoir Plugin"

Then it says "couldn't find main point for Scripting-plugin"

If I click OK it crashes.

When I try to open Photoshop it says "Could not synchronize the color settings because of a program error", but it opened OK

Adobe Premiere pro crashes while trying to open on this new computer saying it has encountered a severe error.

Any ideas how to fix? I wasted hours talking to the online Adobe Chat before they told me to talk to tech support and then they were closed for the weekend.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2013 Apr 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reinstall your system. You have introduced some bad files from your backup. Could be a color profile, could be something with the graphics driver, could be something else. Never ever move system data from one system to another, only user data.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines