Skip navigation
ROUBI
Currently Being Moderated

save a video

Apr 20, 2013 12:40 PM

I edited a video and I want to render the new video. Everything looks fine but when the exporting process terminates the filesize is always zero !!

Replies
  • JJMack
    5,984 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Apr 20, 2013 12:43 PM   in reply to ROUBI

Pleas give us more information  OS version PS version Some hardware info...

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    5,984 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Apr 21, 2013 6:04 AM   in reply to ROUBI

ROUBI wrote:

when I monitor the harddisk I can see that the overall size decreases (meaning the export process really writes to harddisk)

Sounds more like is deleting and freeing space then writing a new large video file.

When rendering the video do you see any progress bar or is you video very short?  If there is any length to it you should get a progress bar. Also which preset are you using for the render. Have you tried more then one. Do you even get the render dialog?

render.jpg

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    5,984 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Apr 21, 2013 12:32 PM   in reply to ROUBI

I do not do video however I just did a test. This is what I did. I dropped a avi file I created with sketchup 8 onto Photoshop used the + sign in the video time line in the palette to add a second clip created with sketchup. I then added a audio track and trimmed the audio to fit the video.  I plated the joined clips with added audio. It plated. Then I clicked the render icon. I left all the field settings as the popped up. I had rendered a single clip before and the setting I used then were remembered.  The start and end frames though must have been updated by the render plug-in. I just clicked the render button. I looked in the destination folder and saw at least three files being written.  Soon after the rendering process was complete two of the files written were deleted. The remaining mp4 video file played without any problem. Looking at the screen capture layer 2 the second video and the audio seem to be highlighted the active targets. Both videos were rendered.

splice.jpg

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    5,984 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Apr 23, 2013 12:10 PM   in reply to ROUBI

The first thing you should do it try resetting your Photoshop preferences then retry you render.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 25, 2013 12:38 AM   in reply to ROUBI

I'm pretty sure that JJ meant nuking the preferences files when he typed "try resetting your Photoshop preferences", not just reverting to "factory settings".

Such files do get corrupted sometimes and have to be deleted, forcing Photoshop to create a brand new preferences file.

To re-create the preferences files for Photoshop, start the application while holding down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS). Then, click Yes to the message, "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file?"

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points