Skip navigation
vincentrlarson
Currently Being Moderated

I cannot reconnect files missing from my catalogue.

Apr 20, 2013 3:10 PM

Even though I select All Files or all the files listed as missing, or even individual files, when I click on Reconnect I get the message "No files selected".  How do I get beyond this to reconnect the missing files?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 21, 2013 10:17 PM   in reply to vincentrlarson

Which version of PSE you have?

Where are the files located? Any idea, how did they go missing? External hard disk being disconnected or files renamed/deleted outside of Elements Organizer?

Answers to these will help us suggest what to try next.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2013 9:05 AM   in reply to vincentrlarson

I think my problems arise from moving files around, renaming them

If you did this outside of PSE, then you have a real mess on your hands. No wonder the automatic reconnect can't find them. Once you start renaming files outside of PSE, there's really no easy way to reconnect the files. All I can think of is to reconnect them one by one.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2013 3:58 AM   in reply to vincentrlarson

All moving, organizing, or re-naming of my files has been done inside PSE, but usually I do this with the thumbnails, not using the Edit program within PSE.

This sentence clearly states how you usually do things, but it only implies (but does not clearly state) you moved or renamed your photos using the PSE Editor. Is that correct? Is that what you did? (You also seem to imply later that you used the PSE Editor to create albums, which is impossible.) Can you state clearly what you did?

Let me just state that if you move or rename inside the Organizer, you shouldn't see any disconnected files. If you move or rename using any other means, including the PSE Editor, you will cause disconnected files.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points