Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

error code trying to write files

Apr 21, 2013 2:14 PM

I get an error code within 5 seconds of the end of the process of writing files.  I choose the option in PE 11, Publish and Share, then Computer, then MPEG and I get the message. The same thing happens if I choose AVI.

In Steve Grisettis book on PE11 Chapter 31 he says when faced with this problem that the ' simplest solution is to go to the BURN TO drop down menu and select the option to burn your files to a Folder on your hard drive'

Am I missing something? Is there a Burn To option?

Any help greatfully received

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 21, 2013 3:07 PM   in reply to foxdown88

The Burn to Folder option is only available if you're creating a DVD.

If you're getting errors every time you Publish & Share any file, you'll need to troubleshoot things.

What is your operating system? If Windows, have you manually gone to Windows Update and downloaded the hidden updates that don't download automatically? Have you manually gone to the nVidia or ATI web sites to ensure you have the latest driver for your video card? Have you got the latest Quicktime from Apple?

How fast is your processor and how much RAM do you have? How much free, clean, freshly defragmented space is on your hard drive?

What model of camcorder is your original video coming from and what format and resolution is it?

When you look under the Edit menu, what Project Settings are listed for your project?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2013 5:09 AM   in reply to foxdown88

I'm not sure what you're saying. You can certainly direct the files to be written to any location on your computer system.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2013 2:13 PM   in reply to foxdown88

foxdown88

What exactly is the error code that you are seeing when your Timeline export fails in the route:

Publish&Share

Computer

MPEG/Presets?

If you go to Publish&Share/Computer/QuickTime, do you find presets there or are they missing?

What are you setting in the Presets field in the MPEG export dialog? Are you using default settings or using a customized export preset?

What makes up the Timeline content in this case? I would like you to expand the Timeline with the - + slider above the Timeline and then look very carefully for slivers scattered among Timeline content. Typically they present as very thin vertical black lines. Remove them if you find them and see if that has any influence on the problem.

The following was puzzling to me as it seemed to be to SG

"Only issue I had was that when you say write to the file it insisted on writing to my C disc and I could not delete and replace it with drive D"

What is on that D drive? How much free hard drive space do you have on that C disc? Are you saying that the "Browse" button for the MPEG/Preset? Save In: does not work? Please clarify.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2013 12:14 PM   in reply to foxdown88

foxdown88

Thanks for the follow up message that you have had success with obtaining DVD-VIDEO format on DVD disc with a Premiere Elements burn to folder followed by use of ImgBurn to get the format on the DVD disc in the correct file system. That was great news. And, apparently you have sorted out some other issues as well. Good job.

But, I would ask "Is your system allowing to burn to disc as well as folder for your DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc projects?

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points