Skip navigation
BillinMidMO1
Currently Being Moderated

How to upload images to Facebook from PSE

Apr 25, 2013 4:06 PM

I am forced to go to Revel and pay more for having gone over my backup limit. A scam!

Then, I notice that all the edits I make to MY pictures are not reflected in the pics in "My Pictures" on the hard drive. I have used Adobe products for years. This sucks!

I had planned to upload a bunch of pics to a Facebook album this evening, and find I can not. Looks like Photoshop has been rendered incapable of performing its key function.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

Message title was edited by: Brett N

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 21, 2013 11:48 PM   in reply to BillinMidMO1

Please find my response to your queries inline:

'I am forced to go to Revel and pay more for having gone over my backup limit. A scam!' - For a free user the limit is 50 uploads per month. If you exceed this limit then you need to purchase a subscription (in order to continue uploading more images onto Revel). Though during this period you can edit/delete/download your images from Revel.

' I notice that all the edits I make to MY pictures are not reflected in the pics in "My Pictures" on the hard drive.' - The edits made in Revel are saved on Revel cloud (Oz cloud). To get the edits on your hard drive, you need to export the 'Current version' onto hard drive.

Could you please elaborate about your Facebook workflow?

Please let me know if you need more clarity on any issue.

~Andromeda

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2013 12:53 AM   in reply to BillinMidMO1

There is a misunderstanding between my reply and the original issue. My previous reply was in regard that you are using Revel app and you want to download the original. (Export current version option is there on Revel not on Organizer).

But it appears that you are using PSE for communicating with Revel. For detailed steps on how to import/export image to/fro Revel using Organizer, please visit: http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/elements-organizer/using/revel. html

Once you have the images in Organizer, you can share them on Facebook is same way as you do for local files. Please let me know if I missed something.

~Andromeda

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2013 8:12 PM   in reply to BillinMidMO1

PSE is a very capable and functional photo editor. 

You may be put off by the Organizer so just use the Editor portion, itself.

Open My Pictures in Explorer, find the thumbnail f a picture you want to edit and do right-click, Open with Adobe Photoshop Elements 11, then do whatever you want to do in the editor, then use File / Save As… to create a new copy with your edits, or File / Save to overwrite your original with your editor version.

Alternatively you can start up the Adobe Photoshop Element 11 and then choose Editor, then use File / Open and browse to your pictures, and then the rest will be the same as above.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2013 10:16 PM   in reply to BillinMidMO1

Photoshop.com is the old cloud storage.

Revel is the new cloud storage.

Your hard drive is where your photos start out on.

Where is “My Pictures” relative to these three places for storage?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2013 8:56 AM   in reply to BillinMidMO1

What does Revel have to do with anything, then? 

What is happening differently with Organizer that doesn’t let you Fix pictures on your local drive like you always have? 

When I start up my PSE10, I see Organize and Edit buttons on the left and when I click Organize it lets me Fix things like normal.  Sure there is a big to-do about Revel on the righthand side, wanting me to know that Photoshop.com is going away and Revel is taking its place, but that doesn’t affect me using Organizer.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points