Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How can I get back into my application aftermath invoking Start up page of index.htm ?

Apr 21, 2013 11:24 PM

Gorgeous Hello All,

If anyone of you can please provide me a solution for the following, will help me in plentious and galore.

Am using Adobe RoboHelp, Version 10 and IE version being 10.

A hurdle :-

I have a application which has been developed in ASP .NET, Version 4.0. Help link has been created in this application wherein here the Start up page of index.htm has been linked to be read from the RoboHelp local project folder\!SSL!\Multiscreen_HTML5\desktop. All are working absolutely fine except when

I login into the above-said application -> click on the Help page -> the index.htm opens with Contents, Index, Glossary -> Am able to successfully perform any task by respective clickings

-> But I am not able to get back into my application when I click on the IE provided Back button (Alt+Left) -> Any amount of invoking Back button makes the system getting looped into this Start up page of index.htm only -> When I Close Tab (Ctrl + W) or Close ( X ) -> The window session gets closed and I have to repeat all by relogin once again.

How can I get back into my application aftermath invoking Start up page of index.htm ?

(I can always get back into the application easily by erasing those parts in the url which refers to this RoboHelp linkages – but this certainly looks non-polished work)

Help Please

Cheese – Vipin Nambiar, Bangalore

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 22, 2013 8:58 AM   in reply to vknmk@yahoo.in

The Forward & Back buttons are only going to work for navigating a "Browse Sequence" that you've defined and included in your project's help file generation. They don't have any relation to your familiar browser Forward/Back functions.

You should be able to close your help instance and relaunch it again from your application - is this not happening?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2013 5:36 AM   in reply to vknmk@yahoo.in

Are you perhaps opening the help in the same browser window as your app? Perhaps the help should open in a separate browser tab?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2013 6:03 AM   in reply to vknmk@yahoo.in

So it sounds like your application is already running in a browser - that definitely sounds like launching the help should either (a) launch in a new tab or (b) launch an entirely new instance of your browser - you can probably control these by fiddling with your browser settings that control how new instances are handled or perhaps by the way you are launching the help from the application.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2013 5:31 AM   in reply to vknmk@yahoo.in

Which browsers are you using? Is it behaving the same in all browsers? Check your browser settings to see if new windows are created in their own tabs or a separate instance by default.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2013 12:41 AM   in reply to vknmk@yahoo.in

CHMs open in their own browser, not IE, Firefox and so on.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2013 5:53 AM   in reply to vknmk@yahoo.in

@vknmk - make sure you've applied all the recent patches for RH10 and fix your help up - the latest one addressed issues with IE10.

And, as Peter says, MS HTML Help = .CHM file, which are a completely different beastie than WebHelp.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points