Skip navigation
ybotcoombes
Currently Being Moderated

Streaming MP4 files with the wrong extension

Apr 22, 2013 11:45 AM

Tags: #_video_playback #h264videostreamsettings #streaming_video #iphone. #ios_video

Hi

I am trying to develop an iphone app that plays videos from a remote embeded server.

I am new to IOS development and am using Flash Builder to create a mobile flex project. Am getting on quite well with flash builder / flex seems pretty powerfull, however I am stuck on something that i cant seem to get round:

The files i am trying to stream are MP4 files but not named mp4 instead they have names like

http://192.168.0.219/WEB/home/XYZ0001.TJC

I cant change the filenames as they are being generated automatically and cant change the mime mappings of the server. If i copy the files and rename them as XYZ0001.MP4 Then the files load fine (so i know they are valid etc) , with the correct file extension i can use any of a numebr of tactics to play them (such as StageWebView).

I think i need the native video player to think its being passed a file of XYZ0001.MP4 which is really XYZ0001.TJC Anybody have any ideas of how i can get round this , these are my ideas but as new to flex am struggling to get any of them to work

ideas are:

Create a file object and somehow pass this to stagewebview

create a server side proxy and somehow use this to alter the filename

Alter the header of the file to change the mimetype

any other ideas also gratefull recieved.

I am new to this and its driving me round the bend , is what i am trying to do possible, can anybody point me in the right direction ?

Many Thanks

Toby

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points