Skip navigation
FrontierSignworks
Currently Being Moderated

Time Zone/Daylight Savings Conflict between Windows 7 and Illustrator CS6

Apr 22, 2013 1:27 PM

Tags: #illustrator #windows_7 #eps #cs6 #time_zone #daylight_savings #illustrator_crash

When Daylight Savings did its change this spring I started having problems saving files in Illustrator. I will go to save files, mainly .eps format, and it crashes Illustrator. I have changed my time zone to a zone that has not switched yet due to Daylight savings, and it works. Unfortunately as I find a new time zone, it also ends up hitting Daylight Savings, and I am back to square one. I have been searching both the Adobe site and the Windows site to find an answer to my problem, but am having no luck.

My proper time zone is

(UTC-07:00) Mountain Time (US & Canada)

I have even tried using Saskatchewan as they do not follow Daylight Savings, but it also creates crashes. I have tried many other time zones, the two that have worked so far are

(UTC-06:00) Guadalajara, Mexico City, Monterrey (worked for a little while but a time change a few weeks later messed it up)

(UTC) Casablanca (working on this time zone now, but an alert on my computer says time change coming up on the 28th)

Does anyone know if there is a fix to this problem? I feel like I am running out of time, as I am not sure how many more time zones will work.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 22, 2013 1:52 PM   in reply to FrontierSignworks

that's the weirdest thing I've heard...in the mean time, you can uncheck the setting "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving time", if you found a time zone that works, at least the clock won't auto update. Try it to see if it helps.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2013 2:42 PM   in reply to FrontierSignworks

bummer, try Jacob's ultimate fix... Move the folder

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2013 10:28 AM   in reply to FrontierSignworks

thanks for coming back and posting the solution

|
    Mark as: