Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge CS6 not connecting to InDesign or Photoshop

Apr 22, 2013 4:32 PM

Tags: #photoshop #problem #adobe #bridge #mac #indesign #creative_cloud #bridge_cs6 #reinstall_bridge

Indesign and Photoshop can no longer connect to Bridge. It states that Bridge not on the system but it is there and working? From within InDesign i click on the Bridge button and it tells me i have to install Bridge!!! and from within Bridge you cannot Place items into Indesign or Photoshop. I'm on a mac running Mountain Lion

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Apr 23, 2013 2:05 AM   in reply to oceanem

It states that Bridge not on the system but it is there and working?

Be sure to have the latest updates for both OSX and Bridge. restart Bridge holding down option key and choose reset preferences, hit ok and try again. If it works set your Bridge prefs again to custom wishes because they have been reset to factory defaults.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Apr 23, 2013 5:24 AM   in reply to oceanem

I have tried that one but it didn't work.

First open Bridge preferences and see under the chapter start up scripts if the scripts for PS and Indesign are present and have a checkmark in front. If no checkmark select them to activate and try again. If no script at all:

Try to find and delete the plist file for Bridge:

Quit Bridge and all other CS apps.

Go to the user library (by default hidden per OSX 10.7, use menu go and press option to reveal it.

In the folder preferences find the file: 'com.adobe.bridge5.plist" and drag this file to the trash.

Again restart Bridge holding down option key and again choose reset prefs.

Then try again.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 13, 2014 8:12 AM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

I have ahad the same problem however when I chose to reveal my scripts the folder that should contain them is empty. Should I just reinstall? Deleting plists hasn't helped.

TIA

Will

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points