Skip navigation
Colton Media Productions
Currently Being Moderated

Projects Not Opening with Multicam and Warp Stabilizer - "[..\..\src\TickTime.cpp-207]"

Apr 22, 2013 4:50 PM

Editing a sequence with multiple nested multicam clips and warp stabilizer, if I close Premiere and reopen it, it says "Premiere Pro has encountered an error. [..\..\src\TickTime.cpp-207]" repeatedly until killed by Task Manager. I have restarted the computer, cleared the media cache and deleted preferences. I can import the sequence into another project and continue editing but if I close PPro I have to create another project and import the sequence again or I get the same error. Help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 22, 2013 5:37 PM   in reply to Colton Media Productions

Perhaps it'd be better to export out an Intermediate with the Warp Stabilizer baked in, so you can remove the effect in the project.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2013 5:43 PM   in reply to Colton Media Productions

Don't know for sure.  Just something to try.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2013 9:24 PM   in reply to Colton Media Productions

Please file a bug report for Premiere Pro CS6: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

I have tried to reproduce the problem in Premiere Pro Next (our upcoming version of the application). I couldn't reproduce the bug.  

My timeline looks like this:

Screen Shot 2013-04-22 at 9.21.06 PM.png

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2013 12:03 PM   in reply to Kevin Monahan

Hi Kevin!

That is great news. I had a feeling the issue would be gone in the Next PPro. The issue can be easily duplicated by following these steps in CS6:

1) User warp stabilizer on several clips (like maybe 6 or more or so).

2) Take two clips and nest them and sync them for multicam on the same timeline as the stabilized clips (NOTE: these two clips don't actually have to be sync'd...just grab any two clips, stack them on top of each other, highlight them both and right-click and choose "nest", then right-click again and "enable" multicam.

3) Save project. Close project. Re-open project and you'll get the error.

If you do that in the NEXT version, does the error come up? Also, just while I have you...if you go into the settings of Warp Stabilizer, what is the default "method"? Is it still defaulted to "Subspace Warp" or did they smarten up and realize the option "Position, Scale, Rotation" is actually MUCH more effeciet causing less wobble and less cropping of the video 90% of the time? Just curious.

Coltom Media Productions,

I feel your pain. What also stinks is that the error pops up again when you export (or I should say when you queue) up the project into AME. I originally thought the number of continues equalled the number of warps applied but that's not always the case. Although, the more warp stabilizers applied the more times you'll have to hit continue. It often goes in numbers divisible by four. Why do I know all this crazy, useless info...hours and hours of trying to "solve" the issue. Every project I do, every single week has more than 100 clips that are stabilized and multiple multicam sequences so I often have to hit "continue" on the error 300-400 times or more on EVERY project. Can't wait til the next version!

To see more on this issue you can see the original post on it here (note that the staff has recently (and graciously) led the charge to help isolate and resolve the issue):

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/956692?start=40&tstart=0

And then also, it definitely made my "Top 15 list" here:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1179004

Good luck!!!...oh, one more thing...the project will open...you just have to keep hitting continue. Sucks, but again, hopefully it'll be resolved soon.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2013 12:19 PM   in reply to Colton Media Productions

I haven't done that because again every project has several hundred shots with hundreds of clips that are stabilized and the back and forth with AE would proabably add up to more time than it takes to quickly hit "continue" 300 times. The multicam clips generally don't need any stabilization. Both ways technically "work" to get past the error, but my point was that it'll be nice to not have to deal with any of this in a few weeks (assuming CS7 is gonna hit in May sometime (6th?)). Also, truthfully I'm not completely familiar with AE although I may utilize it more in the next version given it's added warp stabilizing vfx features that are coming which look amazing. Being able to isolate what I want to be stabilized will be very helpful. For example, sometimes something as simple as a CU of a guy nodding his head throws off Warp Stabilizer as it thinks the nodding is the camera shaking. Either way, glad to hear you enjoy your workaround.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points