Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can't select text in CS6 split or design view

Apr 22, 2013 4:37 PM

Tags: #select_text

Clicking on text in split or design view merely selects and hilights the enclosing div tag – not my intention.

I used to be able to double-click (repeatedly) and sometimes break this behavior, but no longer. Only way out now is to dive into the code and select text in there. Not very helpful.

I tried a right-click to bring up the contextual menu and experimented with Element View. Both options (full and hidden) are greyed out. Clicking reset did nothing.

I have tried all the modifier keys – no joy. And I have searched the app documentation in the more obvious spots and come up dry. I was about to use Find "select" in Acrobat when it occurred to me that someone else must have run into this, too.

I'm on an iMac 2.8 GHz Intel Core i5, running Mac OSX 10.8.3, DW CS6, Version 12, Build 5808.

Am I missing some perfectly obvious toggle? Or is my Mac not passing along the double-click to DW? Or is this simply another instance of Satanic possession that I have come to associate with my intermittent forays into website design?

TIA

Richard Hurley

Grass Valley MultiMedia

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 22, 2013 4:43 PM   in reply to gvmm

Are you in Live View?  Turn it off.

Are you using APDiv Layers? Disable CSS. 

Go to View > Style Rendering > untick display styles.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2013 9:17 AM   in reply to gvmm

Without seeing your code, I can only guess that something is amiss. Can you show us a URL to the problem page?

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2013 9:55 AM   in reply to gvmm

You have many irregular HTML tags.  <h1-faded> is not valid code.  It should be expressed as:

<h1>Title</h1>

or possibly:

<h1 class="faded">Title</h1>

I suggest scanning your code for errors and fixing them. It might help alleviate the problems you're having. 

Code Validation Tools

------------------------------------

CSS - http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

HTML - http://validator.w3.org/

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers