Skip navigation
Rose 3
Currently Being Moderated

Downloading titles

Apr 22, 2013 5:15 PM

I have tried to download titles and they never come though.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 22, 2013 6:10 PM   in reply to Rose 3

It's not clear what you're asking, Rose.

Which version of the program are you using? What are you doing and what is not happening when you do it?

Also, are you logged in with your Adobe ID and do you have an always-on internet connection?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2013 9:59 PM   in reply to Rose 3

Rose 3

What type of Internet connection and speed do you have?

Are you downloading just the one Title that you need or are you downloading All the Titles? Have you tried the download at various times?

Let us start here and then determine what next.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2013 6:16 AM   in reply to Rose 3

Rose3

Thanks for the good news that the Premiere Elements 11 title finally downloaded.

I have always purchased Elements as the packaged product because of the  presence of installation discs which included the one for Content.

But come Premiere Elements 11, no more Content disc. All have to obtain the titles, DVD templates, etc. from online which can be a slow process.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2013 6:25 AM   in reply to A.T. Romano

ATR,

But come Premiere Elements 11, no more Content disc. All have to obtain the titles, DVD templates, etc. from online which can be a slow process.

Yes. This was a new method to me, as well. Since I wanted direct access to all Additional Functional Content, I just did the one, longish download, and got a cup of coffee, while the process completed. I can see some wisdom in only downloading what one wants, when they want it, so as to not fill up the HDD, but with larger HDD's, that is not a problem. Now, if one only had a smaller SSD, they might NOT want everything, especially as they might never use everything. Still, I rather miss the Content installation disc.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2013 9:22 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hunt

I found the new arrangement, online Content download ONLY for Premiere Elements 11 very inconvenient time consuming-wise, especially for the user who buys the products packaged in order to get the disc set.

I have enough supplemental hard drive space, so I reserved "a lot of time" and did the All download for each of the categories before putting Premiere Elements 11 to work.

There have been several occasions when a program deactivate/uninstall/reinstall became necessary for a variety of reasons (typically related to troubleshooting a problem for someone else). So, what I did was to create a Content "disc" of my own by copying the Online Folder to a 8 GB USB Flash Drive. (If I recall, that Online Folder has about a 5 GB file size.) For me the latter was better than burn to disc DVD double layer 8.5 GB/240 minutes.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2013 10:49 AM   in reply to A.T. Romano

ATR,

I agree completely, and wish that Adobe had not gone the Internet download route for the Additional Functional Content. However, it is, what it is, so I just did the full download, though I only use some of it, such as Themes/Instant Movies, for testing. Same for the majority of Transitions - only will use a very few in my productions. Same for Titles, as I just create what I want, and seldom use the ones in the Library. Still, I have them, and it only took about 10 mins. and a cup of coffee.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points