Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Sound loss and nav problems with Interactive In Design CS^ PDF

Apr 23, 2013 3:06 AM

Tags: #error #pdf #import

Hello.

I'm really really stuck, can anyone help? I'm on 10.8.3 using In Design CS6

I am trying to get an interactive PDF with imported .sfw files with sound to play ....the sound. Preview is fine in the working file - but as per the previous query on this http://forums.adobe.com/message/4772574 - The interactive PDF loses the sound. I tried installing ezPDF - but it's an app and I don't know how to install it to work (I think it's meant for  iPADs). So...does anyone know if I can have an imported .swf file play when exported to an Interactive PDF and also work on an end users PC?...should I be able to install ezPDF reader on my MAC and get everything working?

Any help would be good as this is day 3 having called Adobe on Day 1 which was fruitless.

Thanks

Ads

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 23, 2013 5:41 AM   in reply to Pest1234567

When you place a SWF into a PDF (which is really not a great idea), the SWF becomes like a single movie file that doesn't let you have access to controls. It basically doesn't work well. There have been many posted messages which relate similar problems.

Place the sound file in the PDF, don't include it in in the SWF if you insist on using it.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points